Hospitals are incredibly high-traffic buildings – doctors, nurses, clinicians, administrators, janitorial workers, security personnel, cafe and gift shop workers, patients, and visitors come in and out of your building each day. How do you easily identify people to keep your hospital staff and patients safe with so much traffic?
Visitor management systems for hospitals help you know who is in your building and makes it easier to identify unauthorized people in restricted areas.
Why Is Visitor Management Important in a Hospital?
Hospital staff already wear employee IDs while working. Visitor badge requirements, however, can vary greatly between hospital locations. But visitor management is important for hospital security for several reasons:
- Hospitals must comply with HIPPA and not allow unauthorized visitors to access areas where patient information is stored
- Hospitals also have medication & other supplies that need to be stored in secured areas away from visitors
- Security personnel & emergency responders may need to know who all is in a building in case of an emergency
- In case of possible exposure & transmission of infections or diseases, detailed visitor records can help hospitals contact visitors
Recommended Products for Hospital Visitor Management
Basic visitor management systems may just have visitors check into a paper log book with their name and the date. These aren’t very practical or secure, however, and are quickly being phased out by many businesses and organizations.
More modern systems use hospital visitor management software and badge printers to create electronic logs of visitors and print visitor IDs.
Depending on your software and its features, visitor software can help you collect visitor names, the date they visited, the time they arrived and checked out, and which part of the hospital they were visiting.
Visitor badges can vary, from handwritten name badges to thermal printed name labels or even plastic badges depending on how long-term and durable you want them. A prominent “VISITOR” badge helps staff identify unauthorized people in secured areas so they can be removed.
Hospital Visitor Management products may include:
- Visitor Management Software
- ID Card / Badge Printers
- ID Badge Antimicrobial Lanyards
- ID Badge Holders
- ID Badge Reels
- ID Badge Clips