Here’s Why Many Companies are Making the Switch
A major transformation is happening in enterprise mobile computing. Thousands of companies and most top device manufacturers are migrating from Windows Mobile to Android. View our webinar recording – Competing in a Digital World via Android Enterprise >
In fact, only 4% of new enterprise handheld computers come with Microsoft’s latest mobile operating system, Windows 10 IoT. Additionally, many app developers are also abandoning Windows in favor of Android. So, if you are running your business on Windows devices, it’s not a matter of ‘if’ but ‘when’ you’ll need to upgrade your mobile OS.
Four big reasons why you may want to consider a switch to Android:
1. Microsoft’s Waning Commitment to Enterprise Mobile for Handhelds
2. Security Risks
3. Better Mobile Productivity and Efficiency
4. Support Multiple Apps on One Device
The Steps to Migrating to a New Mobile OS
Assess Your Applications
- Unless your current apps and databases are already compatible, you’ll need to re-write them
- You’ll need to decide between native or web-based apps depending on your requirements
- New hardware means you’ll likely need to reconfigure your wired and WLAN networks as well
Define Environmental and User Requirements
- Examine how you’re using mobile computers and how you’ll need to use them in the future
Choose Mobile Devices that Best Suit Your Needs
- A mobile OS migration almost guarantees that you’ll need to upgrade to new hardware
- But you’ll get faster performance, more computing power and battery life, and better scanning
- Our team will show you all the latest technology options to fit your needs and budget
Determine a Deployment Strategy
- Plan for extensive testing to avoid discovering bugs or issues after migration
- Thoroughly test all devices, apps and networks before you go live
- Train all your employees on your new devices and apps, and deploy!
Key Considerations When Choosing a Modern Mobile OS read more >
Here’s How the OCR Canada Team can Help
We’ll Assess the Impact on Your Business
OCR Canada has a dedicated team that will assess your current mobile strategy and how an OS migration will impact your business. Let our team handle your migration plan and we’ll turn your OS migration into a technological win for your company!
We’ll Create an OS Migration Roadmap
Your business is unique, so we work with you to create a custom OS migration plan that aligns with your needs. The mobility experts at OCR Canada are here to help you identify your best options, develop a complete plan, and execute a successful migration.
We’ll Show You How to Maximize Productivity with Android
As the world’s most popular mobile OS, Android offers an easy-to-use and intuitive interface along with many development tools and a global developer community that makes it much faster and easier to migrate applications and create new solutions.
A modern Android OS will help maximize your mobile productivity and efficiency. Android platforms and devices can allow up to 14% greater worker productivity, with 40% faster data entry and 60% fewer errors.
The mobility experts at OCR Canada are ready to help you through your OS migration. Contact us today for a one-on-one consultation with a mobility expert.