Throw out your spiral notebook, ditch your whiteboard, and leave your Excel sheets in the past. “Last Known Address” is no longer an acceptable status update for your containers, your drivers, or your customers. Keep track of your containers on an up-to-date roll-off container management platform. A GPS container tracking solution allows you to pinpoint the locations of your roll-off containers, dumpsters, boxes, or other assets- all on one map.
With a mobile device, tablet, or PC, you can access the locations of all your containers. When you drop off the container at your client location, you can easily scan the RFID tag that is attached to your container and its geographical coordinates and time stamp will be automatically recorded in the system. It generates an icon on the map showing you its exact location. Once all the information has been recorded, the location data can be viewed by the people in your company who have access to the platform.
The data collected makes it easy to communicate to your field workers. This web- based platform makes it easy to manage your containers that will save you time, money, and headaches.
What are the Key Benefits of a Container Tracking Solution?
- Visibility – Easily visualize your container fleet.
- Accuracy – Mobile recording of timestamp, date, and how many days the container has been out.
- Accessibility – Web- based platform for easy accessibility.
- Profitability – With more accurate record, it can reduce costs of losing track of containers and can bill customers in a more accurately and timely manner.
- Productivity – Accurate container information can easily let employees know the location and contents of any containers.
What is Container Management?
Container management tracks containers to specific location, time, and content. Your driver can simply scan an RFID tag that’s adhered to the container to collects its information and the information will display on the map to help you manage the fleet of containers.
With the use of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification), the drivers would not even need to leave the truck to read the containers. Special RFID tags are rugged, weather resistant, and they are affixed on the containers or boxes. When the container is dropped off or picked up, they can simply read the container’s RFID tag with a GPS- enabled handheld RFID scanner to obtain all the information.
Having the right kind of container management solution can put all your containers on one map for you to visualize and manage groupings, communication, and generate a detailed report for your business operation All the data can be batch uploaded to your system at the end of the day by each driver or be communicated in real- time with a wireless enabled service plan.
What Should You Address When Making a Container Management System?
When putting together an effective roll-off container management solution here some key questions to answer:
- How many containers are you trying to track?
- Are you looking for batch data or real time data?
- How many users are going to be accessing the platform?
What are the Components of a Container Management Solution?
There are 4 core components of a container management system:
- Container Management Platform – Web-based platform that allows you to pinpoint all the locations of your roll- off containers, dumpsters, boxes, or other assets.
- RFID Tags – All containers need an RFID tag to be identified and scanned.
- RFID Reader – The reader can read the tag from a distance which the driver will not have to get out of the truck to do so, increasing efficiency and reduce down time.
- Mobile Device – Access your data on the go with the mobile device, with a wireless plan you can see all the location of your container fleet in real- time from the palm of your hand.