There is growing demand for at-home pharmacy delivery. Increase your reach and profitability with a pharmacy delivery solution with the help of Barcodes Inc.
Benefits of Pharmacy Delivery
Currently, healthcare providers in the United States are rapidly changing their practices. Pharmacies, hospitals and clinics are growing and changing the ways they deliver care, and medication issuance is expanding beyond a brick and mortar location pickup. Medication delivery not only provides organizations with a broader reach, but it enables the core function of the hospital or clinic to operate more efficiently.
Pharmacy home delivery services enable pharmacies, clinics and hospitals to get prescriptions and everyday items conveniently delivered to the home of users, which results in additional revenue streams – returns of 10-50% of spend – and customer convenience satisfaction.
With new drugs being discovered every day to combat diseases and illnesses, the usage of prescription drugs continues to climb each year. How those pharmaceuticals are issued to users has transformed the healthcare industry and from it has born pharmacy delivery.
Let’s take a look at some prescription drug statistics which is driving medication delivery:
- 9 billion drugs are prescribed in office visits each year while hospital emergency visits prescribe an additional 365 million drugs
- 4% of people have used one prescription drug in the last 30 days, while 36.6% have used three or more prescription drugs in the last 30 days
- It is expected that by 2020, 157 million people in the United States will require maintenance medication for a chronic condition
- The E-Pharmacy market, which includes pharmacy delivery, is estimated to be a $107 billion market by 2025, with a CAGR of 14.26%
- 71% of pharmacies either have implemented or plan to implement a pharmacy delivery service solution
- The average age of Americans has increased every year since 2010, which coincides with more prescription drugs being used
Pharmacy Home Delivery Equipment
With a staggering 71% of pharmacies looking to implement a pharmacy delivery solution, it is important to equip warehouse and mobile workers with the right data capture technology to ensure the right medication is being delivered to the right patient at the right time. Mis-shipments and delays can have fatal consequences for those expecting their prescriptions.
Common delivery equipment includes:
- Mobile Computers – WiFi (inside the 4 walls) or WAN (outside the 4 walls)
- Barcode Scanners – including Bluetooth pocket devices that can connect to Android/iOS devices
- Label Printers – industrial (high volume) or mobile (delivery people)
- Supplies – Labels, Ribbon, Printheads
- Antimicrobial or Disinfectant-Ready devices