Are you running your business on Windows mobile computers? As Microsoft phases out support for enterprise devices, the enterprise mobile computer industry is migrating to Android.
If your mission-critical devices are running on Windows, you are not alone. Millions of enterprise mobile devices will be affected by Microsoft’s end of support for the most popular enterprise versions of Windows.
If you are running your business on Windows devices, you will need to upgrade your mobile OS. It’s not a matter of ‘if’ but ‘when.’
Ready to asses your mobile future and start developing an OS strategy? Contact us today and schedule a one-on-one consultation with a mobility expert. The OCR Canada team will guide you through the next steps.
Here’s how the OCR Canada team can help
We’ll Assess the Impact on Your Business
OCR Canada has a dedicated team that will assess your current mobile strategy and how an OS migration will impact your business. Let our team handle your migration plan and we’ll turn your OS migration into a technological win for your company!
We’ll Create an OS Migration roadmap
Your business is unique, so we work with you to create a custom OS Migration plan that aligns with your needs. The mobility experts at OCR Canada are here to help you identify your best options, develop a complete plan, and execute a successful migration.
We’ll show you how to maximize productivity with Android
As the world’s most popular mobile OS, Android offers an easy-to-use and intuitive interface along with many development tools and a global developer community that makes it much faster and easier to migrate applications and create new solutions.
A modern Android OS will help maximize your mobile productivity and efficiency. Android platforms and devices, can allow up to 14% greater worker productivity, with 40% faster data entry and 60% fewer errors.
Ready to take advantage of these benefits? The mobility experts at OCR Canada are ready to help you through your OS migration. Contact us today and begin future-proofing your mobile strategy.
The 4 Steps to Migrating to a New Mobile OS
1. Assess Your Applications
- Unless your current apps and databases are already compatible, you’ll need to re-write them
- You’ll need to decide between native or web-based apps depending on your requirements
- New hardware means you’ll likely need to reconfigure your wired and WLAN networks as well
2. Define Environmental and User Requirements
- Examine how you’re using mobile computers and how you’ll need to use them in the future
3. Choose Mobile Devices that Best Suit Your Needs
- A mobile OS migration almost guarantees that you’ll need to upgrade to new hardware
- But you’ll get faster performance, more computing power and battery life, and better scanning
- Our team will show you all the latest technology options to fit your needs and budget
4. Determine a Deployment Strategy
- Plan for extensive testing to avoid discovering bugs or issues after migration
- Thoroughly test all devices, apps and networks before you go live
- Train all your employees on your new devices and apps, and deploy!