There are numerous benefits of teleworking for both employers and employees. Get your employees prepared to work-from-home with the help of OCR Canada.
Benefits of Telework Equipment
Teleworking equipment enables businesses to have a remote workforce while not sacrificing the productivity and efficiency they get in an office setting.
With teleworking on the rise, businesses need dependable work-from-home equipment that enables their workforce to mirror their office setting and maintain a high level of productivity.
Remote work is becoming a sought-after benefit from new employees as it allows for more flexibility to work from anywhere and builds in more flexible hours. From an employer standpoint, it has become one of the most desirable benefits when interviewing candidates.
Here are some general telework statistics:
- In 2018, more than 4.3M people teleworked in the United States
- 40% more companies offered telework in 2018 than they did 5 years ago
- Telework has grown 173% since 2005
- 43% of people work from home with some frequency
- 33% of employees would take a pay cut of up to 5% in exchange for an option to telework
- 86% of employees feel they achieve maximum productivity by working alone
- Teleworkers worked an average of 16.8 more days per year than in-office workers after you factor in the average amount of breaks and idle time
If you’re convinced the benefits of teleworking are right for your business, it’s important to prevent productivity loss and employee frustration. The leading cause of employee frustration and productivity loss is ill-equipping remote workers with the right telework equipment.
Common telecommuting equipment includes:
- Laser or Inkjet Printers
- Document Scanners
- Noise-cancelling Headsets
- Supplies – Inkjet Cartridges, Copier Paper, etc.