SENIOR SYSTEM ENGINEER
OCR Canada is a global solution provider of supply chain automation and access control products, software, and services. OCR Canada is the leading reseller in Canada, serving Canadian customers coast to coast with a proven track record of innovation in data collection and automated identification data capture (AIDC ) solutions. The company goes to market with industry-leading websites, technically trained sales professionals, and solution architects. We are looking to continue our growth through the expansion of our core assets, new marketing, and product initiatives, and acquisition of additional capabilities. OCR Canada is a global solution provider of supply chain automation and access control products, software, and services. OCR Canada is the leading reseller in Canada, serving Canadian customers coast to coast with a proven track record of innovation in data collection and automated identification data capture (AIDC ) solutions. The company goes to market with industry-leading websites, technically trained sales professionals, and solution architects. We are looking to continue our growth through the expansion of our core assets, new marketing, and product initiatives, and acquisition of additional capabilities.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are seeking a Senior System Engineer to join our offices in either British Columbia or Alberta.
Responsible for repairing, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading wireless access points/controllers, mobile computers, MDM, RFID systems, software and other related AIDC equipment. The technician assesses user training needs and trains users in effective use of standard applications; makes recommendations regarding hardware and software use; prepares documentation and provides user assistance to OCR Canada customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Stage, configure, install, troubleshoot and maintain wireless access points/controllers, mobile computers, MDM, RFID systems, software and other related AIDC equipment
- Stage and configure mobile computers such as handhelds, tablets, wearable and vehicle mounted terminals based on customer requirements
- Evaluates repair requests, determines extent of needed service and exercises considerable judgment in continuing with the service or forwarding extensive requests to supervisor or suppliers.
- Wifi design and troubleshoot customer networks using wireless site survey software and equipment based on customer requirements
- Run CAT6 cabling and crimp RJ45 ends using tools and test equipment
- Install access points, controllers, RFID hardware, vehicle mount devices, network switches and IDF cabinets
- Integrates wireless network and systems to existing customer network environment
- Troubleshoot varying technologies onsite from mobile computers, networks, RFID, MDM and software to obtain a solution and/or provide recommendations based on scope of work
- Assist customers via email, phone, remote web sessions, or onsite with technical issues
- Make recommendations and provide expertise based on experience, technical knowledge, observations while onsite and data gathered from hardware and software tools
- Create documentation/reports based on configuration and onsite performed
- Support Sales team members on customer calls or visits
- Comfortable working in elevated platforms, training to be provided
- Assesses needs and trains users in effective use of equipment makes recommendations to OCR Canada staff regarding hardware and software solutions and new technologies.
- Keeps up to date on new equipment and software training and OEM certifications to continue to have OCR Canada stay compliant for each OEM technical requirement as laid out in their partner agreements.
- Travel within Canada and rarely USA for work, assistance with larger projects and/or training
RELATIONSHIPS AND ROLES:
- Maintain and Develop relationships with customers to ensure the proper support.
- Maintain and Develop relationships with sales department to assist and support them with OCR Canada customer needs.
- Maintain and Develop relationships with OEM SE, repair and technical staff.
- Work with fellow OCR Canada Technicians to cross train on knowledge of various types of equipment.
- Work with the OCR Canada programming team to understand the integration of our software with hardware
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Intermediate/Advance networking knowledge
- Experience with Wifi design and troubleshooting
- Basic/Intermediate knowledge of RFID technology
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Comfortable working with their hands and using tools
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Comfortable in a high pressure environment
- Willingness to constantly learn and adapt to new technology
- Professional telephone manner
- Commitment to customer satisfaction, retention and loyalty
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be fluent in English
- Bilingualism a Plus (Quebec French)
OFFICE AND OR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for clean service technical area and service area
- Responsible for Inventory required to complete assigned jobs/projects assigned to them
- Managing safety and environmental compliance
- Mental toughness on ability to handle stress
- Valid driver’s license with Satisfactory record
- Physically capable of handling equipment and going on site to perform install work when and/or where applicable
- Minimum technical degree or equivalent Or Equivalent to completion of two years of a college-level course in computer science, or information technology or a related field.
- Minimum 3-4 years technical repair /support
- 3-4 years general computer installation, maintenance and repair
- 3-4 years Wifi and/or Networking experience
- 3-4 years Barcoding, Mobility and Mobile Managed Device
- Technical certifications would be an asset
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, & life insurance.