Repair & Printer Technician
Vancouver or Calgary
Responsible for repairing, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading data collection equipment such as mobile computers, printers and other AIDC technology.
- Responsible for repair/configuring of AIDC equipment and Label Printer equipment in OCR’s local repair facility.
- Perform onsite printer installation, repair and maintenance
- Perform onsite configuration/troubleshooting of AIDC equipment
- Perform hardware installations, configuring printer and handheld terminals
- Evaluates repair requests, determines extent of needed service and exercises considerable judgment in continuing with the service or forwarding extensive requests to supervisor or suppliers.
- Assist users with service/support issues and provide technical sales support.
- Assist customers via email, phone, remote web sessions, or onsite with technical issues
- Comfortable working in elevated platforms, training to be provided
- Tracking of work performed and expenses in OCR’s (RMA) online portal
- Participate and maintain in technical and sales certifications from various OEM’s training programs. OCR will cover the costs of any certifications that we deem mandatory.
- Travel within Canada for work, assistance with larger projects and/or training
Relationships and Roles:
- Maintain and develop relationships with customers to ensure the proper support.
- Establish and maintain relationships with sales department to assist and support them with OCR Canada customer needs.
- Work with fellow OCR Canada Technicians to cross train on knowledge of various types of equipment.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Basic networking knowledge
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Comfortable in a high pressure environment
- Willingness to constantly learn and adapt to new technology
- Professional telephone manner
- Commitment to customer satisfaction, retention and loyalty
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be fluent in English
- Bilingualism a Plus (Quebec French)
Office and or other responsibilities:
- Responsible for clean service technical area and service area
- Responsible for Inventory required to complete assigned jobs/projects assigned to them
- Managing safety and environmental compliance
- Mental toughness on ability to handle stress
- Valid driver’s license with Satisfactory record
- Physically capable of handling equipment and going on site to perform install work when and/or where applicable
- Minimum technical degree or equivalent Or Equivalent to completion of two years of a college-level course in computer science, or information technology or a related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years technical repair /support
- 1-2 years general computer installation, maintenance and repair
- 1-2 years WIFI experience
- 1-2 years Barcoding, Mobility and Mobile Managed Device
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, & life insurance