WHO WE ARE:
OCR Canada is a global solution provider of supply chain automation and access control products, software, and services. OCR Canada is the leading reseller in Canada, serving Canadian customers coast to coast with a proven track record of innovation in data collection and automated identification data capture (AIDC ) solutions. The company goes to market with industry-leading websites, technically trained sales professionals, and solution architects. We are looking to continue our growth through the expansion of our core assets, new marketing, and product initiatives, and acquisition of additional capabilities.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are seeking an HR Generalist to serve as the SME and Business Partner for our Canadian Region. The HR Generalist will support the Canadian client group with daily Human Resource and Administrative responsibilities and activities, while providing strong business partnership and standardization for the Human Recourses function across the Canadian Region.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Assist with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with corporate objectives and legal requirements.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the Canadian Region’s processes, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Partner with the Global Human Resources organization within Barcodes to deliver up to date communication to Canadian business leaders.
- Distributes communication of employee required deliverables and deadlines, follow-up as appropriate
- Management of employees’ files and applicable documentation.
- Oversight and management of COVID tracking inclusive of exposures and vaccination statuses.
- Administration of benefits and leaves of absences.
- Various special projects.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks inclusive of ordering office supplies.
- Handles onboarding and initial orientation process to ensure a smooth and welcoming arrival to the company.
- Conducts 30, 90, 180- day check-ins with employees. Collaborates with departmental leaders to provide feedback and address concerns.
- Manages the offboarding process inclusive of exit interviews with employees.
- Assists Business leaders with the annual performance appraisal process and merit review process.
- Identifies potential employee relations issues and works with Department Leaders to address.
- Assists in the planning and execution of Action Planning after analysis of Employee Engagement survey results and support to continued progress to ensure progress in areas of opportunity.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in the HR field
- Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources.
- Strong sense of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to be resourceful and solution-oriented
- Detail oriented, Positive attitude
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Prior experience with ADP or comparable HRIS/payroll system preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, or related field preferred
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, & life insurance