Business Development Specialist – Lead Generator
The Sales Lead Generation Specialist is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads to support the OCR Canada Sales Director and Account Executive teams. This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including inbound marketing leads, prospect lists, discovery and individual research. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential. Performing outgoing telephone and email contact with customers and prospective accounts to develop leads, develop opportunities and assist in closing sales opportunities. A proven and sustained level of sales achievement and a broad knowledge of OCR Canada product/services in which training will be provided. Ability to relate to a wide customer base including consultants, engineers, managers, maintenance, IT manager/directors, VP’s, C level personnel. Ability to work independently.
- Listen, understand and respond to customer inquiring about products, services
- Develop new business via telephone and mass communication such as email and social media to introduce OCR Canada Ltd products and solutions.
- Identify appropriate buyers within the target market, account, vertical,
- Follow up and conduct research to identify potential prospects.
- Conduct a needs analysis and determine prospect’s pain points and determine how the OCR Canada can offer a solution that will speak and address those needs.
- Identify key buying influencers within these prospects to determine budget and timeline.
- Work with Director of Sales and OCR Canada sales teams to grow the sales pipeline
- Manage data for new and prospective clients in company CRM, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate, and documents are attached.
- Meet or exceed sales performance objectives including sales targets, call quality, and time management.
- Perform outgoing telephone and email contact with customers and prospective accounts to collect market data in order to grow the OCR customer base.
- Participate and contribute to OCR marketing plans/initiatives, including attendance at trade shows, vendor and customer events.
- Prepare and submit all required reports in a timely manner including expense reports, monthly and weekly.
- As to call on existing and prospective end users. Perform all basic sales functions including prospecting, and, making product presentations
- Build end user preference for the selection of OCR Canada products and services. Strive to gather the most updated information possible for accounts in the territory.
- Continuously analyze market trends and sales data.
- Display and demonstrate products using samples/demo and sales literature to decision makers and influencers.
Relationships and Roles:
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all OCR Canada departments and offices.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Service Team, CTO and PS Manager to effectively schedule and deploy System Engineers for professional services related to orders.
- Play an integral role in customer satisfaction by dealing directly with customer to resolve complaints on products and services and escalate to Supervisor when necessary.
- Participate in other duties and special projects as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with OEM representatives, such as OEM Territory managers, to assist on the closing of deals and future business leads. Develop discount levels to ensure profitability and/or PE (price exceptions) and Deal Registrations.
- Develop and maintain relationship with OCR Canada accounting department to ensure understanding of account/client payment status, credit hold status and credit card status.
- Ensure accounting department has all important information on accounts to ensure timely payment of sales.
- Maintain relationships with National Service Manager on hardware and/or software service agreements.
- Be the lead generator on the OCR Canada customer account.
- Experience with office machines – phone, calculator, fax machine
- Excellent Computer skills & Computer literate
- Excellent Task and Priority Skills
- listening, understanding and responding professionally
- Excellent problem-solving/judgment skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Professional telephone manner
- Commitment to customer satisfaction, retention and loyalty.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong multi-tasking and decision making skills are required.
- Must be fluent in English
- Bilingualism a definite Plus (Quebec French)
Office and/or other responsibilities:
- Ensure clean personal office space
- Respect of others space around you
- College or bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1 to 5 years of successful business development and lead generation
- Industry experience a plus but not required
- Valid Driver’s License with Satisfactory driving record
To be negotiated
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the position name in the subject line. Do Not Fax Resume. No phone calls please. Only those people being interviewed for the position will be contacted. Applicants not following these instructions will be disqualified.