Sales Operations – Support Specialist
An integral member of the Sales Operations Team at OCR Canada, involving deal registration, cost checking on sales orders prior to distributing to OCR procurement; entering data such as deal registrations, checking on manufacturer promos etc. within manufacturer’s website portals; tracking/sharing latest supplier price guides; helping to set-up new vendor onboarding/training sessions; supporting a team of Inside and Outside Account Sales Managers; liaising with OEMs and Distribution Partners; reporting to Senior Manager of Sales Operations and backing up on additional tasks due to vacations/sick days/out of office. Overall, this candidate would have a strong team mentality and work ethic, be detail oriented, and fit into a culture of a fast-paced and growing company.
- Daily management of the internal ‘cost queue’ for ordering checking (calculating best purchase cost based on special pricing registrations (PE/DR/DA/PC/SPL), current Manufacturer Promo programs (such as Top Runner, Hot Sheet, Instant Rebates etc.) Apply special notes to orders to reference cost calculation justification, validate Distributor and oversee all other registration related details on orders for accuracy.
- Alongside the Senior Sales Manager, reviewing: all costs to sales orders, partner programs, purchases of any kind (special or run rate) related to sales orders to increase profit. The use of internal tools and resources such as company ERP to generate reports to gather data of sales history for product lines, purchase data history and identify strategic product lines that have potential for growth.
- Manage all detailed data relating to special pricing registrations (over 700 current deals and growing corporately with Zebra, Honeywell, Datalogic, Panasonic, Extreme, etc.), taking note of upcoming expiry dates, leveraging partner program add-ons based on new date thresholds, and working with the Sales Team on extensions and/or renewals or add on, or filing for historical archives.
- Provide communication to Reps on deal approval information making note of how the discounts will work on their opportunity in accordance with the Sr. Sales Operations Manager – Improve and automate processes.
- Download current price lists/guides for key OEM partners and maintain files on a shared network and distribute to sales personnel monthly.
- Lunch and Learn Training Sessions: support training for remote attendees (start the Virtual Teams Meeting, manage in lunch and work with the vendor on payment of the lunch, providing receipt to the vendor etc.), set-up in the boardroom if applicable. Take guidance from Senior Sales Operations Manager on scheduling, who, what, where, when and provide materials before and during to the sales team as required.
- Provide support to the OCR Canada Sales Team by providing support, responding to questions about partner pricing, leveraging current promos, ensuring they have what they need to register and close deals.
- Coordinate with Distribution on orders to ensure ‘pricing issues’ don’t cause delays.
- Take Lead on communication with vendors & distributors on Deals that require to be transferred to another Distributor due to pricing or stock issues, and follow-up on approvals, communicating with Admin on change of costs, notes, etc. while keeping the Sales Account executive notified along the way.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Cost checks on orders with special pricing to ensure accuracy and all promos have been applied in a timely fashion.
- Manage all special pricing data, including tracking usage on PCs; and communication to Reps on upcoming expirations (30-days out when possible).
- Being responsive to Reps on questions about pricing, promos, registrations, etc.
Liaise with Distribution on pricing discrepancies.
- Take lead on communicating with Distributor, OEM and Distributor to receive transfer to follow the instructions the OCR Canada sales rep defines on what items are required to be transferred.
- Liaise with Vendor and Distribution on movement of deals to other Distributors due to stock issues.
- Understanding of CRM and Database Software
- Reports to the Senior Manager of Sales Operations, OCR Canada
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all OCR Canada departments and offices.
- Maintain strong relationship with GM/SVP, CFO, Admin, Marketing, Field Sales Support – leaders and personnel.
- Maintain strong relationships with all vendors, including all Distribution partners.
- Maintain confidentiality on all sales deals (including special pricing registrations for those deals), OCR partner levels, and any strategic business plans on sensitive or high-profile deals.
- You are expected to work from Employer’s offices and remote office.
- The Company reserves the right to require you to assume new and varied duties and responsibilities or to alter your reporting relationships in future. You specifically agree that any such changes will not affect or change any other part of the Agreement.
- Experience with office machines – phone, fax machine, copiers, printers
- Excellent Computer skills & Computer literate
- Business Acumen
- Organizational Skills
- Listening, understanding and responding professionally
- Excellent problem-solving/judgment skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong multi-tasking and decision-making skills are required.
- Must be fluent in English
- Mental toughness on ability to handle stress
OFFICE AND OR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure clean personal office space
- Respect of others space around you
- Post-secondary business diploma or equivalent job experience.
- A minimum of 2 years customer service and/or sales experience.
- Industry experience a plus but not required