Over seventy percent of North American warehouses and distribution centers recognize the vital role automation plays in navigating today’s supply chain challenges. Between rising e-commerce demands and cumbersome labor shortages, automated efficiency empowers smaller workforces to accomplish more tasks in less time. However, protecting device performance is often overlooked when it comes to current modernization plans. When assets are improperly stored, operations run the risk of…
- Damaged devices – Although enterprise-ready devices are built to withstand large falls and exposure to extreme temperatures, they shouldn’t be left unchecked in stringent environments over a long period of time. Moreover, lack of visibility in storage procedures makes it easy for devices to be returned while unfit for the next shift, whether it be due to damages, interrupted updates, or low battery power.
- Costly misplacements – In addition to damaged devices, inefficient storage can also enable misplacements since returns are not properly recorded. As devices are misplaced, maintenance schedules are missed, further increasing ownership costs as devices must be repaired and replaced. Time spent without devices in hand also contributes to higher costs as workflows may have to slow down or completely halt until replacements arrive.
- Crowded storage areas – Lastly, as warehouses adapt to accommodate higher SKU proliferation, storage space should be prioritized to hold inventory. This often leads warehouses to devote a smaller space to asset storage with little organization. As demands increase and workforce size changes, it becomes difficult to find devices in a crowded space and quickly equip every worker with the necessary tools to keep operations running smoothly.
Integrate intelligence into your device storage solution.
To keep sustaining modernized intelligence beyond hours of operations, OCR Canada partners with Zebra Technologies to establish efficient storage practices with Zebra’s Intelligent Cabinets. While eliminating the risks discussed above, intelligent cabinets also enable the following benefits:
- Consolidated access – Standardized storage racks reduce the risks of misplacements of improper device handling at the end of shifts. Workers simply slide devices into designated cradles and/or shelves. Cabinets are also slim to fit in smaller workspaces, freeing up storage room for other tools and inventory.
- Maximized device security – Thanks to Zebra’s Access Management System, cabinets reduce risks of device loss and damage by increasing visibility for assets stored. Individual workers can then be accountable for placing devices in the correct slot at the end of every shift since returns are digitally logged.
- Remote visibility into device health – Cabinets equipped with Zebra’s Access Management provide extra visibility into battery charge status, making sure devices are ready for the next shift and preventing downtime from battery failure.
Ensure efficiency around the clock with modernized device storage.
Prevent downtime, misplacements, and complications with Zebra Intelligent Cabinets.
Start expanding automation intelligence with a modernization solution that embraces all aspects of your device’s performance. Design a storage solution with OCR Canada to assess the best tools to meet the needs of your automated workflows.